The BSC team has spent the summer months actively working on several research projects, but researchers have also found time to relax and participate in the Latvian Song and Dance Festival and an informal work event in Vilksala. Below you will find a quick update about some of our recent research activities.
- BSC’s submission to the fundamental and applied research competition organised by the Latvian Council of Science has been successful. The name of the project is Social Innovation in Food Provision: Pathways to Sustainable Production and Consumption (SINFO). More information (in Latvian) available here.
- Tālis Tisenkopfs took part in in the conference Research & Innovation for Food and Nutrition Security - Transforming our food systems that took place in Plovdiv on 14-15 June. More information available here.
- BSC was represented by Tālis Tisenkopfs at the IV World Congress of Latvian Scientists. More information available here.
- BSC researchers took part in the Agrilink consortium meeting. The meeting took place in Aberdeen on 18-20 June. One of the items that was discussed at the meeting was the interviews with farmers regarding direct marketing and biological pest control, and the team has already managed to carry out pilot interviews. More information available here.
- Miķelis Grīvinš took part in the POLLEN conference that took place in Oslo on 19-22 June. More information available here.
- Tālis Tisenkopfs and Miķelis Grīviņš took part in the IFSA symposium and SUFISA project meeting that took place in Crete on 1-5 July. More information about the IFSA symposium available here.